We start the Fashion Design Class with incursions in the History of Fashion and Art; we will analyse clothing production at the micro and macro scale; we will discuss the circuit of a product from the moment preceding its realization until it is worn, recycled, discarded, reused, etc. including the impact of global clothing production on the environment.
We will study types of chemical materials and compositions, their recognition and the identification of specific properties and behaviours. We will also go through the types of silhouettes along with the understanding of the proportions and volumes associated with each type.
In the practical part of the course we will go one step further: the construction of classical skirts, trousers, blouses and dresses, and we will consider the infinite possibilities of transforming them from basic patterns.
Following the course modules, each trainee will go home with three different pieces of clothing made in the Nod Makerspace workshop by herself with the help and guidance of the trainer.
The course is designed for fashion enthusiasts who want to learn to make their own clothing products and not only. The course is designed for women’s fashion production, so patterns and construction of the pieces, but also the theoretical support has that direction.
The course is supported by BROROM – official BROTHER representative in Romania (http://www.brorom.ro/ or http://www.cusutsibrodat.ro/) – sponsor of the Nod textile workshop.
All the theoretical and practical materials required (sewing machines, triplock, textiles and accesories, learning material) are provided by Nod and BROROM.
Trainer: Laura Gherman, designer and stylist www.laurafirefly.ro
Saturday, 5th of May 2018, 12:00-15:00
Saturday, 12th of May 2018, 12:00-15:00
Saturday, 19th of May 2018, 12:00-15:00
Saturday, 26th of May 2018, 12:00-15:00
Number of participants: 6-8
Course price: 765lei
Both the theoretical and working materials (fabrics, sewing machines, scissors, pattern papers, threads, rulers, etc.) are included in the price. It is mandatory that each participant have a sewing machine at home and have basic sewing knowledge.
The reservation is made by paying an advance of 300 lei, and the rest of the payment will be made by bank transfer before the course starts.
Students receive a 10% discount and Nod makerspace members 20%.
For registration and for more information write us on email@example.com
- Theoretical part
– A Short Incursion in the History of Fashion and Art.
– An introduction to fashion design. The clothing production, its understanding of the micro and macro scale. The circuit of a clothing product. General problems with the construction of patterns.
- Practical Part: Skirt Pattern Construction.
– The skirt closes. Skirt in Cliffs. The scarred skirt. Asymmetrical skirt.
– Drawing of printing, additions, reserves.
– Cutting and making a skirt as a student.
- Theoretical part
– Types of fabrics, how to obtain, properties, behaviour.
– Maintenance of clothes according to composition and design.
- Practical part: Construction of the pants pattern.
– Types of pants. Types of pockets.
– Making a pair of pants.
1. Theoretical part
– Body conformation and size types.
– Silhouette. Proportions and volumes related to each type of silhouette.
2. Practice part: The design of the blouse pattern. The sleeve pattern
– Practical realization of the blouse or of a dress.
- – Understanding the clothing and placing it on the market.
– Business or job in fashion. Production, distribution and marketing.
– Textile fiber handling technologies in clothing design.
– The infinite possibilities of transforming a classic pattern.
- Practice part
– Completion and finishing of the three fashion products.
– Making a small portfolio of images of the products made at the course.